Cross Stitch Patterns from Fine Art by Scarlet Quince
 Cart 
 Wish list
     |     
     |     
Check out
     |     
     |     
Wholesale log in
Member services
Scarlet Quince
Solutions
Forums

Decisons descisions


Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Author Topic
Patricia
Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Location: Florida and Ontario
Decisons descisions     Reply with quote  
 
 
8:20 am Nov 04, 2009

Well, Stitching after narrowing my SQ gift certiciate desires down to 8, I finally opted for The Flowers and Cat in the Window. I ordered them yesterday. Has anyone done these?
rifestitch
Member
Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 639
Location: North of Atlanta
    Reply with quote  
 
 
12:29 pm Nov 04, 2009

Which Flowers? Love the Cat in a Window! Great choices!
Patricia
Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Location: Florida and Ontario
    Reply with quote  
 
 
3:54 pm Nov 04, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by rifestitch
Which Flowers? Love the Cat in a Window! Great choices!

It is just called The Flowers, by Jessie Willcox Smith. Very colorful with the little girl in the lower left corner.
Karen, you are a wealth of info.. I just bookmarked the POL.. BTW I received my TW book today. The Fantasy Triptych pattern is backward to the picture. Took me a while to figure that out. The knight and the lady are on opposite sides, the castle is backwards as well. Not too much of a problem except forthe half sticihes on the water. Was your pattern like this? The Mermaid is backwards as well. I will be going over to the Needle Delights shop on Pensacola a week Sat. for a stitch-in, so I will need to pick up my fabric and beads. Meanwhile I got a lot of looking to do..thanks again Karen.
BarBaraPrz
Member
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Posts: 420
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
    Reply with quote  
 
 
7:44 pm Nov 04, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Patricia

It is just called The Flowers, by Jessie Willcox Smith.


Yes, that's very nice. (I looked it up.)
http://www.scarletquince.com/pat.php?pat=SMI001
rifestitch
Member
Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 639
Location: North of Atlanta
    Reply with quote  
 
 
8:39 pm Nov 04, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Patricia
BTW I received my TW book today. The Fantasy Triptych pattern is backward to the picture. Took me a while to figure that out. The knight and the lady are on opposite sides, the castle is backwards as well. Not too much of a problem except forthe half sticihes on the water. Was your pattern like this? The Mermaid is backwards as well.


No, mine wasn't - are you sure you have authentic patterns, not anyone's illegal copies? The maid is on the left, the knight on the right. That sounds really odd....
Patricia
Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Location: Florida and Ontario
    Reply with quote  
 
 
8:45 am Nov 05, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by rifestitch
quote:
Originally posted by Patricia
BTW I received my TW book today. The Fantasy Triptych pattern is backward to the picture. Took me a while to figure that out. The knight and the lady are on opposite sides, the castle is backwards as well. Not too much of a problem except forthe half sticihes on the water. Was your pattern like this? The Mermaid is backwards as well.


No, mine wasn't - are you sure you have authentic patterns, not anyone's illegal copies? The maid is on the left, the knight on the right. That sounds really odd....

Perhpas it is the pictures that are backward then. As I look at it, the pictures shows the knight on the left and the maid on the right, but the pattern is not that way. The picture shows the mermaid's head on the left annd the pattern has her on the right. Before I complain, I checked the ones on ebay, (yes, I am an eBay fan) the patterns show maid left,etc. So I guess it is just the pictures. I got the booklet online from Salt & Pepper. It is Leisure Arts The Best of TW Fantasy Collection Vol 2. I believe it to be legit.
I now have TW carousel. I love that. The only thing with TW there is so much back stitching..I find that a drag.
I should receive my 2 SQ's soon, then I have to see which of all I want to start next.
If you would like to see what else I am about check my web site, www.angelfire.com/fl/eggcups Sometimes I combine both hobbies.. Laughing
( I hope Barbara isn't counting my wordage!!) Rolling Eyes
BarBaraPrz
Member
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Posts: 420
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
    Reply with quote  
 
 
9:12 am Nov 05, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Patricia

( I hope Barbara isn't counting my wordage!!) Rolling Eyes

Nope!
rifestitch
Member
Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 639
Location: North of Atlanta
    Reply with quote  
 
 
10:25 am Nov 05, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Patricia
I got the booklet online from Salt & Pepper. It is Leisure Arts The Best of TW Fantasy Collection Vol 2. I believe it to be legit.
I now have TW carousel. I love that. The only thing with TW there is so much back stitching..I find that a drag.
I should receive my 2 SQ's soon, then I have to see which of all I want to start next.



Yeah, the book from S&P ought to be fine - I've glanced at the books before but never paid much attention to them since I had good portion of the designs already Smile Weird that they are backwards - but I guess it doesn't matter, so long as it doesn't jar you every time you look at them for reference (which I do pretty often).

I started Carousel once. Decided I didn't want to work on it (too much pink, I think), ripped out what I had done and reused the fabric for something else. I want to say I did Fall Carousel Horse on it - but that might've been a bit later...

I don't mind the backstitching so much - but I also do it as I go - I made the mistake of saving it for the last on one of hers, and I'll never do it again. And on Triptych, in all those trees, it really helps to do it as soon as you can after completing the Xs, so you are still familiar with what's what Smile
Patricia
Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Location: Florida and Ontario
    Reply with quote  
 
 
12:51 pm Nov 05, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by BarBaraPrz
quote:
Originally posted by Patricia

( I hope Barbara isn't counting my wordage!!) Rolling Eyes

Nope!

Barbara, I have looked at your site before and just did again. Congrats on your original Canadian piece. Are you familiar with Thea Dueck The Victionian Sampler, Victoria BC? She did O Canada sampler, I did it a couple of years ago. Just love it. If you don't know it, I can post a picture of mine. I made a few minor changes on it.
BarBaraPrz
Member
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Posts: 420
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
    Reply with quote  
 
 
5:48 pm Nov 05, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Patricia

Barbara, I have looked at your site before and just did again. Congrats on your original Canadian piece. Are you familiar with Thea Dueck The Victionian Sampler, Victoria BC? She did O Canada sampler, I did it a couple of years ago. Just love it. If you don't know it, I can post a picture of mine. I made a few minor changes on it.


Thanks for the kind words.
I'm not sure if I've seen Thea's sampler, I might have at my LNS that closed this May. They used to carry Victoria Sampler.
By all means, post your photo!
  Display posts from past:      

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 


Privacy policy | Site map | Member services | | Help
Copyright © 2002-2017 Scarlet Quince™. All rights reserved.