Cross Stitch Patterns from Fine Art by Scarlet Quince
 Cart 
 Wish list
     |     
     |     
Check out
     |     
     |     
Wholesale log in
Member services
Scarlet Quince
Solutions
Forums

sittin' an' stitchn'


Page 1 of 1

Author Topic
Patricia
Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Location: Florida and Ontario
sittin' an' stitchn'     Reply with quote  
 
 
9:19 am Sep 18, 2012

Today it is raining torrents and it is much needed, so this is a good day to just sit and stitch. I have been reading all the recent posts. Good information. I am on page 12 of 12 on my Chocolate Pot. Won't update the picture on photobucket until it is done...done...done. About 35000 stitches to go.
Like some of you, I have many on the go at once. Over twenty in fact, counting what is here and whatwips are still waiting for me in my Florda home. Yes, I actuallya do finish pieces, but starting anew seems to be so much more fun. I move from one to another as the whim hits me. Sometimes if I feel bogged down with a lot of confetti. I put it aside and go to another. When I come back t that piece, the confetti is done with fresh vim and vigour.
For long projects I just balance it across the arms of my comfy chair. (owned only by me and my stitching.) If short, I put it on my lap holder that I like very much after trying other kinds.
I use many methods, xxx////, DMC threads and specalty threads as called for. I work all ways. - up, down, across, don't park,. keep going as long as the thread can stretch appox 14 stitches to the next needed one otherwise I break off. Use scroll bars, Q-snaps or if tiny I just hold it. My pattern sits on my work held there by a magnet that also will hold my needle when not it use.This puts my pattern right beside my work. Have use most of the kinds of clotth,. if it is entirely covered by the pattern, I too use aida, if not, a nice linen is the best for me.. now back to my comfy chair and stitchin' ... Stitching
BarBaraPrz
Member
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Posts: 420
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
    Reply with quote  
 
 
10:33 am Sep 18, 2012

On days like this, I just want to stay in bed...
But I will get to stitching eventually sometime today.
Tanya2
Member
Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 14
Location: Oswego, NY
    Reply with quote  
 
 
7:26 pm Sep 20, 2012

It poured here in Upstate New York on Tuesday as well...sadly I did not stitch at all but did list some of my (far too large) yarn stash on eBay Smile

Patricia, I love that you carry your floss up to 14 stitches! I feel like a bad stitcher every time I carry more than the recommended four; now I know I am not alone...my backs are not padded with tons of extra floss, but they are certainly not the mirror image of the front that some folks' are.
Patricia
Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Location: Florida and Ontario
    Reply with quote  
 
 
7:14 am Sep 21, 2012

quote:
Originally posted by Tanya2
It poured here in Upstate New York on Tuesday as well...sadly I did not stitch at all but did list some of my (far too large) yarn stash on eBay Smile

Patricia, I love that you carry your floss up to 14 stitches! I feel like a bad stitcher every time I carry more than the recommended four; now I know I am not alone...my backs are not padded with tons of extra floss, but they are certainly not the mirror image of the front that some folks' are.


well the old syaing..who ever sees the back anyway. It is not framed in glass on both sides..
Tanya2
Member
Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 14
Location: Oswego, NY
    Reply with quote  
 
 
4:55 pm Sep 21, 2012

quote:
Originally posted by Patricia
well the old syaing..who ever sees the back anyway. It is not framed in glass on both sides..


Exactly!!! Unfortunately I saw a pic online once of someone's Teresa Wentzler piece and somehow the back looked almost identical to the front, and I felt so inadequate.
Bianca
Member
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 22
Location: California
    Reply with quote  
 
 
10:53 am Sep 24, 2012

quote:
Originally posted by Tanya2
quote:
Originally posted by Patricia
well the old syaing..who ever sees the back anyway. It is not framed in glass on both sides..


Exactly!!! Unfortunately I saw a pic online once of someone's Teresa Wentzler piece and somehow the back looked almost identical to the front, and I felt so inadequate.


Hello Tanya,

Would not worry too much -- I am having a lot of trouble getting the front of my Peter Pan to look anywhere near decent and am certainly not worried about the back!!

Best,
Bianca
Bianca
Member
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 22
Location: California
Re: sittin' an' stitchn'     Reply with quote  
 
 
11:00 am Sep 24, 2012

quote:
Originally posted by Patricia
Today it is raining torrents and it is much needed, so this is a good day to just sit and stitch. I have been reading all the recent posts. Good information. I am on page 12 of 12 on my Chocolate Pot. Won't update the picture on photobucket until it is done...done...done. About 35000 stitches to go.
Like some of you, I have many on the go at once. Over twenty in fact, counting what is here and whatwips are still waiting for me in my Florda home. Yes, I actuallya do finish pieces, but starting anew seems to be so much more fun. I move from one to another as the whim hits me. Sometimes if I feel bogged down with a lot of confetti. I put it aside and go to another. When I come back t that piece, the confetti is done with fresh vim and vigour.
For long projects I just balance it across the arms of my comfy chair. (owned only by me and my stitching.) If short, I put it on my lap holder that I like very much after trying other kinds.
I use many methods, xxx////, DMC threads and specalty threads as called for. I work all ways. - up, down, across, don't park,. keep going as long as the thread can stretch appox 14 stitches to the next needed one otherwise I break off. Use scroll bars, Q-snaps or if tiny I just hold it. My pattern sits on my work held there by a magnet that also will hold my needle when not it use.This puts my pattern right beside my work. Have use most of the kinds of clotth,. if it is entirely covered by the pattern, I too use aida, if not, a nice linen is the best for me.. now back to my comfy chair and stitchin' ... Stitching


Hello Patricia,

Wow 20 projects at the same time! That is quite the rotate! Sounds like quite a challenge to keep track of. Do you have a favorite or does your current favorite rotate with which piece you are working on at the moment? Do you finish them all or do you leave behind projects less fun?

Do you you cross stitch a lot if hours a week? What lap stand do you use?

Just curious..

Best,
Bianca
  Display posts from past:      

Page 1 of 1


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 


Privacy policy | Site map | Member services | | Help
Copyright © 2002-2017 Scarlet Quince™. All rights reserved.