First of all, I just have to tell you how GREAT I think your patterns are. As a long-ago student of art history, I really appreciate your attention to the fine details, your use of colour and your respect for not only the original artist's work but in your own. These needlework patterns are beautiful works of art in and of themselves.
Other works that might be of interest ...
- "Little Girl in Blue Arm Chair"(1878) Mary Cassatt
- "Hide and Seek"(1873) Berthe Morisot
- "Paris Through the Window"(1913) Marc Chagall
- "Birthday"(1915-23) Marc Chagall
- "The Sleeping Gypsy"(1897) Henri Roussea
- "Great Zoological Garden"(1912) August Macke
- "Hammamet with the Mosque"(1914) Paul Klee
- "The Beloved (The Bride)"(1865-66)
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- "The Bather of Valpincon"(1808)
- Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres
- "The Bar at the Folies-Bergere"(1881)
- Edouard Manet
Well, just a few suggestions for now. There are so many wonderful paintings - past and present - it's so hard to choose. "We stitchers" will thankfully never be without another challenging project (thanks to your designs).
Take care all, Laurie
Meredith Site Admin
Joined: 23 Feb 2004 Posts: 128