Cross Stitch Patterns from Fine Art by Scarlet Quince
 Cart 
 Wish list
     |     
     |     
Check out
     |     
     |     
Wholesale log in
Member services
Scarlet Quince
Solutions
Forums

First Post


Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Author Topic
Alanna
Member
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 633
Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
12:47 am Feb 08, 2008

Hi guys, only just spotted this one (have been flat out with a MAJOR translation lately) and wanted to welcome Trudy. I'm in Oz too, in Brisbane, how about you? Wow, I looked up the Châtelaines and they are gorgeous! I'm definitely going to have to get one of those! I can imagine a Mandala being a good travelling project for when I'm on the move or for something smaller between massive projects. I love discovering things like this. I also discovered Long Dogs thanks to Rife. That woman is a mine of information!
rifestitch
Member
Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 639
Location: North of Atlanta
    Reply with quote  
 
 
4:34 pm Feb 08, 2008

Chatelaines good for travel projects? Good in between BAPs? Umm, no! These things are massive - the St. Petersburg one is like 27" x 27" on 32 ct. Specialty stitches, over-1 and over-2. Oh yeah, and hundreds, if not thousands, of beads!!!! I just ordered $50 worth of delica beads and 4mm Swarovski bicones for just 2 designs - and that's a bulk bead buy, not Mill Hill! Queen stitches - I know people who absolutely hate these things, though I have yet to come across one....

Knotgarden, one of her early ones, is one of the simplest ones; it'll only have about 250 beads on it when it's done. And only 6 silks. The other 2 I have don't have any DMC in them at all - all silk (with a so-so DMC conversion available). Martina Weber could well drive me right to the poor house.

If you want a good place to look up the designs currently available and kits to go with, check out European Cross Stitch. They have lots of other bad things there, too Twisted Evil The other two I have are not available as chart packs yet; she does all of her designs as online classes for X number of months, getting one part per month (in an attempt to let you stitch and keep up - I know very few who do keep up)and when it ends, it takes her a year or two to re-release them as chartpacks. The advantage to getting them while online is you get both B&W and color charts, plus pdf files, so you can enlarge details. My Knotgarden is just the B&W chartpack - I hope I can follow it Smile

In some circles, I would receive huge enabling points for helping you guys spend your hard-earned cash Smile And really, I'm an amateur (though learning quickly!)
fenny
Member
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 192
Location: Israel
    Reply with quote  
 
 
5:41 pm Feb 08, 2008

Hey Alanna,you found another aussie , and Trudie comes from Holland, like me, so I found someone too.
Trudie, you lived in Delft, beautiful town. Born in Friesland but lived a long time in Dordrecht.
What 's in my stash? Well not the exciting things you all probably have. Bought always everything in Hol. All kits, only the last 10 years they do have American designs and the odd chart. So its Lanarte, MB, Permin, Eva Rosenstand en Le Suh. So Dutch and Danish designs mostly.
Do have lots of Chartbooks from America, bought by DH, the times he was there for his work.
Like Paula Vaughan, Stoney Creek, Marty Bell, Mirabilia, etc. It's not that my taste has changed but there is so much ,because of the internet, that it did open my eyes for a lot of different things, Found SQ and found more beautiful patterns to do. With the requests from my sons to do this one and that one. Since I'm not like Rifestitch with a rotation, things do seem to get out of hand, sometimes. But we just go on and made some order and a list! And of course the forum helps too.Not only the talking, but also showing me more and more Rolling Eyes .

Happy Stitching and have a good weekend.
Alanna
Member
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 633
Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
6:30 pm Feb 08, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by rifestitch
Chatelaines good for travel projects? Good in between BAPs? Umm, no! These things are massive - the St. Petersburg one is like 27" x 27" on 32 ct. Specialty stitches, over-1 and over-2. Oh yeah, and hundreds, if not thousands, of beads!!!!


Uh oh, sounds like I could be getting myself in deep! Rife, are you leading me down some crazy costly time-consuming deliriously wonderful path AGAIN?????!!! Twisted Evil Heaven help me! Surprised
rifestitch
Member
Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 639
Location: North of Atlanta
    Reply with quote  
 
 
7:58 pm Feb 08, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by Alanna
quote:
Originally posted by rifestitch
Chatelaines good for travel projects? Good in between BAPs? Umm, no! These things are massive - the St. Petersburg one is like 27" x 27" on 32 ct. Specialty stitches, over-1 and over-2. Oh yeah, and hundreds, if not thousands, of beads!!!!


Uh oh, sounds like I could be getting myself in deep! Rife, are you leading me down some crazy costly time-consuming deliriously wonderful path AGAIN?????!!! Twisted Evil Heaven help me! Surprised


Absolutely - if I'm stitching myself into ruin, I intend on dragging as many of you with me as possible Smile Besides, don't you just want to see a pile of $300 worth of multi-colored silks and metallics?????? Maybe a gentle roll in them???? Or is it just me... Shocked
Trudie
Member
Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 76
Location: Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
8:31 pm Feb 08, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by Alanna
Hi guys, only just spotted this one (have been flat out with a MAJOR translation lately) and wanted to welcome Trudy. I'm in Oz too, in Brisbane, how about you? Wow, I looked up the Châtelaines and they are gorgeous! I'm definitely going to have to get one of those! I can imagine a Mandala being a good travelling project for when I'm on the move or for something smaller between massive projects. I love discovering things like this. I also discovered Long Dogs thanks to Rife. That woman is a mine of information!


Hi Allanna

Iam glad Karen jumped in there re Chatelains as travel projects . They are huge and very intricate and I would be inclined to do a TW before you tackle a Chatelaine . I love long dog too . The only sampler I have worked on so far though is the Marjlolein Bastin 4 seasons . What are you working on at the present time. ?

Happy Stitching
Trudie
Alanna
Member
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 633
Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
11:08 pm Feb 08, 2008

Hi Trudie, well I'm currently in the house of shame when it comes to stitching projects. The one I'm working on at the moment (and desperately trying to get finished) is a TW dragon, that I've been working on for over a year now Can you believe it?! And no it's not spectacularly big or spectacularly difficult, it's just been a spectacularly difficult year to stitch in! I've moved country twice and endured a scorching hot Maltese summer where to stitch meant to perspire all over one's work, and am now enduring a hot Queensland summer which isn't much better, not to mention the fact that our furniture still hasn't arrived at our new house so I have nothing to sit on and stitch except a beanbag on the floor! Apart from that though, I really do have to get a move on because there are plenty of other exciting things in the pipeline to do after this and I really am a one-project-at-a-time kind of girl.
Come on, sofa! Rolling Eyes

And Rife, for heavens sakes get out of your silks! If you didn't spend so much time rolling in them you might get some more stitching done!
Trudie
Member
Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 76
Location: Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
11:28 pm Feb 08, 2008

quote="Alanna"]Hi Trudie, well I'm currently in the house of shame when it comes


Hi Allanna,

Sounds like you will enjoy a cool winter ! Is it the Celestial dragon you are working on ? Well if you have done a TW you will be right for the Chatelaine experience .
I used to be a one project person too and wish I had stayed with that. I guess thats what happens when you meet enablers Smile I have too many on the go and find it difficult to stick to rotation when Iam madly enjoying a project . Hopefully your sofa will arrive soon .

Happy Stitching
Trudie
rifestitch
Member
Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 639
Location: North of Atlanta
    Reply with quote  
 
 
12:13 am Feb 09, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by Alanna

And Rife, for heavens sakes get out of your silks! If you didn't spend so much time rolling in them you might get some more stitching done!


Ahh, but you see, I am stitching a silk project this week Smile The best of both worlds!
  Display posts from past:      

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 


Privacy policy | Site map | Member services | | Help
Copyright © 2002-2017 Scarlet Quince™. All rights reserved.