Cross Stitch Patterns from Fine Art by Scarlet Quince
 Cart 
 Wish list
     |     
     |     
Check out
     |     
     |     
Wholesale log in
Member services
Scarlet Quince
Solutions
Forums

New Member


Page 3 of 4
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author Topic
rifestitch
Member
Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 639
Location: North of Atlanta
    Reply with quote  
 
 
9:34 pm Feb 22, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by Trudie
That sound great Tami no wonder you American girls are all so well set up with your Xstitch . Yor email address is not working by the way. I tried to send you one yest but it keeps on coming back ! Where would Gary go now for a universal ?
I think Karen said she paid $25 us for it 2 years ago. I love mine now that its taller Laughing


Take care
Trudie



I think Hobby Lobby carries a universal - if not the exact one I got at Wal Mart, then the same idea, and of a comparable price. I don't know if I have ever looked at Michael's, or not, and I know I haven't looked at Joann's or Hancocks - haven't been in either of those stores for some time.

I just googled it and came up with a wide variety of prices for it. Google this:
Edmunds' Universal Craft Stand

In my opinion, I would NOT pay $50 for it - not when you can spend that same amount and some time and come up with a much nicer alternative like we've seen here Smile I see Joann's online has it - you can sign up for their mailings and get good coupons, too, which would make it well worth it, even if you do decide to invest in a really nice one later.
tdobbs
Member
Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 61
Location: Kings Mountain,NC
    Reply with quote  
 
 
9:39 pm Feb 22, 2008

[quote="Trudie"]It came back again Tami !

Stitching Trudie





I don't know what to tell you....I will try to send you one and then maybe you can reply?
You'll have to give me yours as it is not posted here....if you are comfortable with that.

Last edited by tdobbs on 9:42 pm Feb 22, 2008; edited 1 time in total
Trudie
Member
Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 76
Location: Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
9:40 pm Feb 22, 2008

Hi Karen

Yes thats waht mine was called Edmunds
Boy I wish I hadnt looked at your usa ebay with that link that Tami send yest. Iam going GREEN grrrrr

Stitching Trudie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hi Karenquote="rifestitch"]
quote:
Originally posted by Trudie
That sound great Tami no wonder you American girls are all so well set up with your Xstitch . Yor email address is not working by the way. I tried to send you one yest but it keeps on coming back ! Where would Gary go now for a universal ?
I think Karen said she paid $25 us for it 2 years ago. I love mine now that its taller Laughing


Take care
Trudie



I think Hobby Lobby carries a universal - if not the exact one I got at Wal Mart, then the same idea, and of a comparable price. I don't know if I have ever looked at Michael's, or not, and I know I haven't looked at Joann's or Hancocks - haven't been in either of those stores for some time.

I just googled it and came up with a wide variety of prices for it. Google this:
Edmunds' Universal Craft Stand

In my opinion, I would NOT pay $50 for it - not when you can spend that same amount and some time and come up with a much nicer alternative like we've seen here Smile I see Joann's online has it - you can sign up for their mailings and get good coupons, too, which would make it well worth it, even if you do decide to invest in a really nice one later.[/quote]
Trudie
Member
Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 76
Location: Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
9:47 pm Feb 22, 2008

Its there now Tami !

Stitching T




Its there now tami[quote="tdobbs"]
quote:
Originally posted by Trudie
It came back again Tami !

Stitching Trudie





I don't know what to tell you....I will try to send you one and then maybe you can reply?
You'll have to give me yours as it is not posted here....if you are comfortable with that.
BarBaraPrz
Member
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Posts: 420
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
    Reply with quote  
 
 
11:21 am Feb 23, 2008

Welcome Gary. Do you get odd looks when you tell people you do cross-stitch? (Do you even tell them?)

I heard someone read a short story on the radio a little while ago, where the lead character was named Gary. The sentence that mentioned his name for the first time was something like, "He was of the last generation of men to be called Gary..." And when you think of it, no one names their kid Gary anymore, even though it was such a popular boys name in the 50s. (There were 3 Garys in my grade 9 class, for instance.) But I digress...
Alanna
Member
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 633
Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
9:25 pm Feb 23, 2008

Hi Gary, and excuse my lateness in welcoming you to SQ, those little red flags that tell you whether or not there's new posts don't always tell the truth I've noticed! So, I've only just discovered this discussion.

So Welcome! And congrats on choosing the Accolade, a very nice piece. You can see some photos of it in progress and completed in the gallery here.

That's a very nice floor stand that you found, quite similar to the Gazelle from Artisan Design. I've had my eye on one of those for a while too, but like the other girls, I do have serious concerns about its ability to handle large projects. I actually bought an Ergo for my mother-in-law and she does only medium sized projects. But when I saw the Lokscroll on that stand, I could see that that was already its maximum capacity. A larger scroll frame would just tip it and bend the wood. I also read a post from another stitcher (can't recall exactly where now...) that they had been having this conversation with Artisan Design themselves and that they were thinking of developing another leg for their stand specifically for supporting larger projects. So the craftsmen themselves recognise that their stand is not quite up to the task when it comes to oversized projects.

Which is a great pity, because I do think the one-legged designs are much more elegant than the monster things we realistically need to support our SQs.

And as far as value goes, I don't think you can beat Tami's $50!! I'm going to give that a go. The only disappointing thing there is that we can't yet do the spring-loaded joints, which the Hearthside Craftworks frames do give. But hey, the difference between $50 and $350 (+$100 postage at least for me) is enough to make you just get over that!

Good luck with your frame hunt. I really hope you find the right one. And when you do, you're going to just LOVE it!

Happy stitching Stitching
Julie T
Member
Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 146
Location: Eugene, Oregon
    Reply with quote  
 
 
2:41 am Feb 24, 2008

Hi Gary, welcome. Can you stand another remark on your name and craft choice? My father's name is Gary, and if the last kid had been a boy, instead of the darling girl she was, we would have named her after my dad. As far as men and handcrafts go, here's my two cents: my devoted spouse (a K9 police officer) knits and crochets. He makes sweaters and hats for the kids, table cloths for my mother, and now we have our first "grand-dog" so he has been making garments for him this entire winter. Also (depending on how old you are, you may recall) there is the best example of macho man needlecrafter from years ago - Rosie Greer, the football player, who took his needlepoint with him everywhere he went, including NFL games. (Oh I'm full of useless facts like this!)
ChalicedHearts
Member
Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 21
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
    Reply with quote  
 
 
4:13 am Feb 25, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by BarBaraPrz
Welcome Gary. Do you get odd looks when you tell people you do cross-stitch? (Do you even tell them?)

I heard someone read a short story on the radio a little while ago, where the lead character was named Gary. The sentence that mentioned his name for the first time was something like, "He was of the last generation of men to be called Gary..." And when you think of it, no one names their kid Gary anymore, even though it was such a popular boys name in the 50s. (There were 3 Garys in my grade 9 class, for instance.) But I digress...



No i really dont get any funny looks...its more like wow you actually do that..thats pretty good...espcially when people come over to the house and they ask about one of the pictures on the wall and i say i did that they are like no way...i tell them yes i did it....yes i never really thought about it before i guess its an unusual name..of course my last name is the same way..its Zahn so thats a little unusual name to..it really sucked in school being the last in everything..LOL.
ChalicedHearts
Member
Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 21
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
    Reply with quote  
 
 
4:24 am Feb 25, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by Julie T
Hi Gary, welcome. Can you stand another remark on your name and craft choice? My father's name is Gary, and if the last kid had been a boy, instead of the darling girl she was, we would have named her after my dad. As far as men and handcrafts go, here's my two cents: my devoted spouse (a K9 police officer) knits and crochets. He makes sweaters and hats for the kids, table cloths for my mother, and now we have our first "grand-dog" so he has been making garments for him this entire winter. Also (depending on how old you are, you may recall) there is the best example of macho man needlecrafter from years ago - Rosie Greer, the football player, who took his needlepoint with him everywhere he went, including NFL games. (Oh I'm full of useless facts like this!)



I want to Thank everybody for the warm welcome i have recieved here..it really is great...and all the wonderful advice i have recieved here for the different stands..i am definitely going to have to make a decision on what i want to do because im ready to start...hmmmm...what to do what to do...lol...keep the posts coming...
[sealed in vein on chaliced hearts][/never let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you]
Trudie
Member
Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 76
Location: Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
5:35 am Feb 25, 2008

Good on you Mate ! Well said.

Happy Stitching
Trudie



quote="ChalicedHearts"]
quote:
Originally posted by BarBaraPrz
Welcome Gary. Do you get odd looks when you tell people you do cross-stitch? (Do you even tell them?)

I heard someone read a short story on the radio a little while ago, where the lead character was named Gary. The sentence that mentioned his name for the first time was something like, "He was of the last generation of men to be called Gary..." And when you think of it, no one names their kid Gary anymore, even though it was such a popular boys name in the 50s. (There were 3 Garys in my grade 9 class, for instance.) But I digress...



No i really dont get any funny looks...its more like wow you actually do that..thats pretty good...espcially when people come over to the house and they ask about one of the pictures on the wall and i say i did that they are like no way...i tell them yes i did it....yes i never really thought about it before i guess its an unusual name..of course my last name is the same way..its Zahn so thats a little unusual name to..it really sucked in school being the last in everything..LOL.[/quote]
  Display posts from past:      

Page 3 of 4
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 


Privacy policy | Site map | Member services | | Help
Copyright © 2002-2017 Scarlet Quince™. All rights reserved.