Cross Stitch Patterns from Fine Art by Scarlet Quince
 Cart 
 Wish list
     |     
     |     
Check out
     |     
     |     
Wholesale log in
Member services
Scarlet Quince
Solutions
Forums

Other Companies II


Page 6 of 11
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Author Topic
tdobbs
Member
Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 61
Location: Kings Mountain,NC
    Reply with quote  
 
 
12:39 pm Feb 20, 2008

oops ......forgot to add the
2-18" long x1.5wide
btw all these board are 3/4" thick...but you can use the thinner...I just thought I would need the weight and sturdiness of the thicker boards....
the extentions arms you can make as long as you like,but you will need 2 -1.5" spacer pieces I just used left over wood to do it. in oder to rotate the piece..I hope that makes sense.I will take better pics to show what I mean.
jdickson60
Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Location: Greenwood, IN
Re: Other Companies II     Reply with quote  
 
 
1:16 pm Feb 20, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by tdobbs
Hi...I was talking to Julie and Fenny about other company's patterns,specifically...HEAD,MYSTICSTITCH,
GOLDENKITE...and was wondering if anyone out there has done any of these and how they compare to SQ? I have looked at the freebies and to honest not very impressed with them. I don't have the time or resources to invest in projects that I don't particulary like...if you know what I mean...so I would like to invite you to share with me your thoughts on these other companies....I love the look of SQ's patterns love the price,love the layout of the patterns,the size of them, but not sure if I want to take the time to blend colors if the results are hard to see without blending....any help you can offer would be great...I am currently working on a HEAD Turandot design .
Thank you,
Tami Stitching


What is HEAD? Can you post a link?

Last edited by jdickson60 on 1:18 pm Feb 20, 2008; edited 1 time in total
jdickson60
Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Location: Greenwood, IN
Re: Other Companies II     Reply with quote  
 
 
1:17 pm Feb 20, 2008

[quote="jdickson60"][quote="tdobbs"]Hi...I was talking to Julie and Fenny about other company's patterns,specifically...HEAD,MYSTICSTITCH,
GOLDENKITE...and was wondering if anyone out there has done any of these and how they compare to SQ? I have looked at the freebies and to honest not very impressed with them. I don't have the time or resources to invest in projects that I don't particulary like...if you know what I mean...so I would like to invite you to share with me your thoughts on these other companies....I love the look of SQ's patterns love the price,love the layout of the patterns,the size of them, but not sure if I want to take the time to blend colors if the results are hard to see without blending....any help you can offer would be great...I am currently working on a HEAD Turandot design .
Thank you,
Tami Stitching[/quote

What is HEAD? Can you post a link?
tdobbs
Member
Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 61
Location: Kings Mountain,NC
Re: Other Companies II     Reply with quote  
 
 
1:49 pm Feb 20, 2008

[quote="jdickson60"][quote="jdickson60"]
quote:
Originally posted by tdobbs
Hi...I was talking

What is HEAD? Can you post a link?


HEAD....HEAVEN AND EARTH DESIGNS
http://www.heavenandearthdesigns.com/
oops ...typo...HAED is what I should be typing...sorry
rifestitch
Member
Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 639
Location: North of Atlanta
    Reply with quote  
 
 
4:37 pm Feb 20, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by tdobbs
I hope I didn't infringe on anyone's copyrights Question Confused

best wishes everyone
Tami


You could only be accused of infringement if you bought one and took all the measurements and made exact duplicates of it and sold them for profit. I saw one of those stands in an ad in the back of Just Cross Stitch, I think, and it was a good angle, so I showed it to DH, who said it would be easy enough to make if I came up with dimensions. Well, the dimensions were the hard part, since I haven't seen anything like it in person - it's kind of hard to trial and error with wood Smile So, thanks to you, I now have dimensions to work with. And I already knew I wanted oak - it's the sturdiest, and I only want to build this once, if possible, huh?
tdobbs
Member
Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 61
Location: Kings Mountain,NC
    Reply with quote  
 
 
5:19 pm Feb 20, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by rifestitch
quote:
Originally posted by tdobbs
I hope I didn't infringe on anyone's copyrights Question Confused

best wishes everyone
Tami


You could only be accused of infringement if you bought one and took all the measurements and made exact duplicates of it and sold them for profit. I saw one of those stands in an ad in the back of Just Cross Stitch, I think, and it was a good angle, so I showed it to DH, who said it would be easy enough to make if I came up with dimensions. Well, the dimensions were the hard part, since I haven't seen anything like it in person - it's kind of hard to trial and error with wood Smile So, thanks to you, I now have dimensions to work with. And I already knew I wanted oak - it's the sturdiest, and I only want to build this once, if possible, huh?


Phew! that's a relief.....remember I am tall so I made it tall for me....you can play with it a little....like if you already have a stand that's comfortable use the height of that and use it....I would divide it up for so you can adjust it if need be and you can do easily by putting in lots of holes....does your husband do wood work?
Alanna
Member
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 633
Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Reply with quote  
 
 
5:57 pm Feb 20, 2008

I'm tall like you, Tami, so I'll use your measurements. Hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come hither!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
tdobbs
Member
Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 61
Location: Kings Mountain,NC
    Reply with quote  
 
 
6:08 pm Feb 20, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by Alanna
I'm tall like you, Tami, so I'll use your measurements. Hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come hither!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


ROFL....... Laughing Laughing Laughing
rifestitch
Member
Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 639
Location: North of Atlanta
    Reply with quote  
 
 
6:11 pm Feb 20, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by tdobbs
does your husband do wood work?


Uhhh, not unless he has to Shocked My dad, on the other hand, does, but by the time I drove to Ohio to show it to him (he doesn't have a computer - because if you can get out, they can get in), then back home, then wait for him to fit it in around the current wife's projects, then drive up there and pick it up, I coulda bought one. So, like most things, DH will do the first part, and I'll make the necessary upgrades as I go along....
tdobbs
Member
Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 61
Location: Kings Mountain,NC
    Reply with quote  
 
 
6:40 pm Feb 20, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by rifestitch
quote:
Originally posted by tdobbs
does your husband do wood work?


Uhhh, not unless he has to Shocked My dad, on the other hand, does, but by the time I drove to Ohio to show it to him (he doesn't have a computer - because if you can get out, they can get in), then back home, then wait for him to fit it in around the current wife's projects, then drive up there and pick it up, I coulda bought one. So, like most things, DH will do the first part, and I'll make the necessary upgrades as I go along....


Seriously, you can get this done in a day's time....when you go to get your wood have them cut it like I did and that is half the work done...just make sure you know how tall you want it then just come home and drill your holes.....and when I drilled the holes (well the DH did that) I just stood over his shoulder and pointed...lol...I had him clamp the two legs together and that way if you made a mistake they were the same anyway....then they will fit together and not be warped....if you want call me ....let me know if you want my number and I'll email it to you....
  Display posts from past:      

Page 6 of 11
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 


Privacy policy | Site map | Member services | | Help
Copyright © 2002-2017 Scarlet Quince™. All rights reserved.