Cross Stitch Patterns from Fine Art by Scarlet Quince
 Cart 
 Wish list
     |     
     |     
Check out
     |     
     |     
Wholesale log in
Member services
Scarlet Quince
Solutions
Forums

Even Stitches


Page 1 of 1

Author Topic
laraine
Member
Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 45
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Even Stitches     Reply with quote  
 
 
1:32 pm Jun 14, 2013

Does anyone know how to get the same height on your stitching when you are following the color. I work inside a grid of 10 stitches and 5 rows. I follow the color English Style. Some of my stitches are lower than others. This really shows up on pale colors. Thanks Laraine Harris
plr1340plr
Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2012
Posts: 10
Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: Even Stitches     Reply with quote  
 
 
9:51 am Jun 16, 2013

quote:
Originally posted by laraine
Does anyone know how to get the same height on your stitching when you are following the color. I work inside a grid of 10 stitches and 5 rows. I follow the color English Style. Some of my stitches are lower than others. This really shows up on pale colors. Thanks Laraine Harris


Laraine, Perhaps you have a "tension issue". Try using a laying tool with your stitches, or railroading both legs of the stitch. At first this seems unbearably cumbersome and time-consuming, but after a row or two is really becomes automatic. OR--once you have finished the piece, washed, blocked, and steam pressed it face down on a towel--the stitches will plump up and level out. I'm assuming here that by height you mean something like "thickness" as opposed to" height and width" type height. If it's height vs width, I would recommend trying Danish style stitching. A "doodle" cloth" is invaluable for trying out this kind of thing without compromising your piece or having to do that irritating frogging!
Live long and prosper, Pamn
laraine
Member
Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 45
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Re: Even Stitches     Reply with quote  
 
 
9:30 pm Jun 16, 2013

quote:
Originally posted by plr1340plr
quote:
Originally posted by laraine
Does anyone know how to get the same height on your stitching when you are following the color. I work inside a grid of 10 stitches and 5 rows. I follow the color English Style. Some of my stitches are lower than others. This really shows up on pale colors. Thanks Laraine Harris


Laraine, Perhaps you have a "tension issue". Try using a laying tool with your stitches, or railroading both legs of the stitch. At first this seems unbearably cumbersome and time-consuming, but after a row or two is really becomes automatic. OR--once you have finished the piece, washed, blocked, and steam pressed it face down on a towel--the stitches will plump up and level out. I'm assuming here that by height you mean something like "thickness" as opposed to" height and width" type height. If it's height vs width, I would recommend trying Danish style stitching. A "doodle" cloth" is invaluable for trying out this kind of thing without compromising your piece or having to do that irritating frogging!
Live long and prosper, Pamn
laraine
Member
Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 45
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Re: Even Stitches     Reply with quote  
 
 
9:32 pm Jun 16, 2013

quote:
Originally posted by laraine
quote:
Originally posted by plr1340plr
quote:
Originally posted by laraine
Does anyone know how to get the same height on your stitching when you are following the color. I work inside a grid of 10 stitches and 5 rows. I follow the color English Style. Some of my stitches are lower than others. This really shows up on pale colors. Thanks Laraine Harris


Laraine, Perhaps you have a "tension issue". Try using a laying tool with your stitches, or railroading both legs of the stitch. At first this seems unbearably cumbersome and time-consuming, but after a row or two is really becomes automatic. OR--once you have finished the piece, washed, blocked, and steam pressed it face down on a towel--the stitches will plump up and level out. I'm assuming here that by height you mean something like "thickness" as opposed to" height and width" type height. If it's height vs width, I would recommend trying Danish style stitching. A "doodle" cloth" is invaluable for trying out this kind of thing without compromising your piece or having to do that irritating frogging!
Live long and prosper, Pamn

  Display posts from past:      

Page 1 of 1


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 


Privacy policy | Site map | Member services | | Help
Copyright © 2002-2017 Scarlet Quince™. All rights reserved.