I finished up a couple of nagging UFO's last month and have started "Pinkie" with a clear conscience!
I decided to use floss bags, one for each blended color. I've set up the first 36 for the symbols I need on the first page or two. I spent Superbowl cutting floss into 15" lengths and bagging it. I enlarged the symbol page of my chart and cut the symbols and DMC numbers apart. Then I taped each one to the appropriate baggie.
So far my neophyte system is working. I have about 102 stitches done.
I'm trying several "new" to me techniques with this project. I'm "parking" . I also enlarged my chart (for easier reading) and I'm coloring the finished stitches as I go. I've done the enlarging part before but I've never colored.
At this point I almost feel like I'm back in cross stitch kindergarten! But I'm loving it.