Hello stitching friends,
It has been a while since we sent a newsletter so this will be a longish one!
We have a bunch of new patterns (shown below) and most of them are by suggestion! Karen Morrison suggested "Portrait of Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire - Thomas Gainsborough". Rebecca Lever suggested "Hummingbirds - Ernst Haeckel". We now have a winner for "Madame Monet Embroidering - Claude Monet" (introduced in the last newsletter) — Janey, B, Indiana. Nhu Chi Ho, Sweden, suggested "The Danaides - John William Waterhouse". And "The Old Shepherd's Chief Mourner - Sir Edwin Landseer" was an anonymous suggestion. All have received a PDF of their suggested patterns in their choice of print sizes.
We also have lots and lots of new pictures in the gallery! Be sure to check them out if you haven't visited the gallery in a while.
We've added a clearance page to try to reduce our excess inventory a bit. These are deeply discounted patterns or floss labels in NEW condition that were either printed by mistake or returned. The selection varies over time so before you order, check whether what you want is there! For the most part, there is only one copy of each item, and when it's gone, it's gone (as a discounted item). None of the clearance items have been discontinued, so you can always get them at list price.
We heard the following "strange, but true" story from a stitcher:
"I came into my stitching area and was horrified to find a burned hole in my canvas. The morning sun shone through my magnifying lamp (which was off) and burned a hole into a stitched area. We were lucky it didn't catch on fire! With my husband's help, we were able to repair the area. I have sent you a picture of the finished Renoir and you have to look hard to find the burned hole.The moral is: be careful with your magnifier, especially if you work near a window! You can buy a "sunbonnet" to fit the magnifier, or just put a towel over the lens when you're not stitching. Here are before-and-after pictures:
"I cut an inch square of Aida cloth, placed it under the burned area and traced an outline of the hole. Then, I found the spot in the pattern and stitched the patch. The next part was tricky. The stitched patch was placed behind the burned hole and trimmed and glued with fabric glue into the spot. Then I single stitched any spots that needed covering. Fortunately, the burn was not in an intricate part of the design. We know where the burn occurred, but no one else has noticed in the finished picture. Whew!!!"
Stay well and keep stitching,
New patterns! Clink any picture for a closer look.
This newsletter is a service to our members. Change your membership status here. If you do not see pictures, you can read the newsletter on our web site.