Here’s a preview of the floss labels with color swatches:
If you look carefully, you can see the label edges — the bottoms of the labels are just below the numbers. They’re laid out like the current labels, but just have color swatches above the numbers. These are about actual size (the labels are 1″ wide by 5/8″ high). The color is better than it appears — for example, 939 and 3021 are clearly different colors on the real labels.
There’s some work to do before we can make them available, but here’s what we’re thinking, and we’d like to know how you feel about the whole thing.
- It may not be necessary to have a color swatch for the solid colors, especially the ones that don’t have a symbol, but it seems like it can’t hurt.
- The color labels may cost slightly more than all black labels, but not much.
- We will discontinue all black labels. These seem like a huge improvement and having two kinds would be confusing. (I’d start using them this instant but the current label stock is not suitable for color printing — it smears.)
- We will have a coupon for some period of time to allow people (especially people who JUST bought all black labels) to get the color labels at a good discount.
- They may not be water-proof. (The current ones happen to be, although it has never come up, for me.)
None of this is set in stone (yet). What are your opinions, questions, concerns?